Will Facebook start charging due to the new profile changes?
But don’t let the truth get in the way of a good old-fashioned chain letter, spreading like billy-o across the social network.
IT IS OFFICIAL. IT WAS EVEN ON THE NEWS. FACEBOOK WILL START CHARGING DUE TO THE NEW PROFILE CHANGES. IF YOU COPY THIS ON YOUR WALL YOUR ICON WILL TURN BLUE AND FACEBOOK WILL BE FREE FOR YOU. PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE ON, IF NOT YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IF YOU DO NOT PAY
It’s poppycock of course. Facebook doesn’t need to charge you to use Facebook, it’s making plenty of money already by allowing advertisers to reach its 800 million users.
It’s far from the first time that Facebook users have been duped by hoaxes and chain letters. For example, earlier this year, messages were spreadingthat because the social network had become too slow the site was considering deleting inactive accounts. Again, totally bogus.
Source :- http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com
- Facebook to start charging? It’s poppycock! (nakedsecurity.sophos.com)
- ‘Facebook Charging’ Chain Letter Spreads (huffingtonpost.com)
- Facebook To Start Charging This Summer (femaleimagination.wordpress.com)
- Facebook price grid? $9.99 for gold membership? The charging hoax continues to spread (nakedsecurity.sophos.com)
- Facebook rumor false . (caribnewsnow.wordpress.com)
- No, Facebook Will Not Make You Pay to Get the New Profiles (mashable.com)