The talk show queen is scheduled to do a live video interview with Facebook on Thursday, September 8, almost exactly a year after Oprah brought Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg on her show.
The discussion with Oprah will be streamed via Facebook Live and will kick off at 1:30PM PT. Facebook is inviting people to submit their questions for Oprah on a Facebook Page dedicated to the event.
Some of the queries submitted so far include, “Mrs. Winfrey, if you had one week to live what would you do with your week?” or “What drives you Oprah to stay connected with the people of the world?” One user also asked Oprah to ask Barbra Streisand a question on her behalf (“We know that you are friends with Barbra Streisand… Could you please thank Barbra Streisand for my husband and I? Because of Barbra, we met the love of our lives – each other!”).
AllThingsD suggests that the idea for the interview might be traced back to this year’s exclusive Allen & Company conference, where Oprah “apparently hit it off with Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg.”
The New York Post reports that Oprah’s trip to Silicon Valley may be about more about an “internet intervention” than an interview. “The talk show queen plans to huddle with top tech players next week to gin up some ideas for reviving her flagship site, Oprah.com, whose traffic has plummeted since her daytime talk show ended in May,” writes the Post.
Facebook has previously hosted live video interviews with President Barack Obama and former President George W. Bush , among other notable figures.
Source :- http://www.huffingtonpost.com
- Facebook To Interview Oprah (huffingtonpost.com)
- A Salute to Oprah from Skype (blogs.skype.com)
- Oprah Winfrey to do live interview at Facebook next week (zdnet.com)
- Oprah Will Answer All Your Burning Questions In Upcoming Live Facebook Chat! (lukewilliamss.wordpress.com)
- Oprah Winfrey turns to Facebook and Twitter execs for help (thenextweb.com)
- Oprah to Appear on Facebook Live (1ntheknow.wordpress.com)