Wikipedia, the online encyclopedia that allows anyone to edit its entries, says it is losing contributors.
Founder Jimmy Wales says administrators are scrambling to simplify what he called “convoluted” editing templates that may be discouraging people from writing and editing Wikipedia’s entries.
In another effort to encourage volunteers to stay active, Wales says the site has introduced a new feature called WikiLove that lets users post positive feedback.
He was speaking to the Associated Press on Thursday from the website’s annual conference, held this year in Haifa, Israel.
The nonprofit organization that runs Wikipedia announced it is encouraging professors in India, Brazil and Europe to assign the editing and writing of Wikipedia entries to students.
Source :- http://www.huffingtonpost.com
- Jimmy Wales: Wikipedia Is Losing Contributors (paidcontent.org)
- Wikipedia says it is losing contributors (sfgate.com)
- Wikipedia says it’s losing contributors (boston.com)
- Wikipedia losing contributors: Fatal flaw, the community editors? (zdnet.com)
- Wikipedia losing contributors, to streamline editing (news.cnet.com)
- Wikipedia says it’s losing contributors (sfgate.com)