It turned out that many websites (CNN, BBC, NPR, CNET, Forbes, the Daily Mail, Mashable, the Daily Telegraph are just a handful) had been duped in recent days by supposed research from AptiQuant showing that users of Internet Explorer scored lower than average in IQ tests.
Posts Tagged ‘CNN’
A village in northern India has changed its name from that of a god to SnapDeal.com Nagar. The tiny town had good reason to, because SnapDeal, India’s version of Groupon, provided it with fresh water.
SnapDeal’s founder Kunal Bahl wanted to do something good with his company’s burgeoning profits, so like Bill Gates and his philanthropic efforts, the 28-year-old CEO looked for an opportunity where he could have the most bang for the buck.
His answer? Water. He found out that a mere $5,000 would install 15 hand pumps that would make it so the villagers wouldn’t have to walk nearly two miles just to get clean water. The result was life-changing, Bahl told CNN.
Nice Article from Mashable. Author – Pete Cashmore
A study released this week revealed that 47% of Facebook users have swear words on their pages. A survey last week, meanwhile, showed that undergraduate men who talk about alcohol on Facebook tend to have more friends.
Whether it’s our level of tolerance for swear words or the link between alcohol and social acceptance, these Facebook studies provide intriguing insights into our online behaviors.
And yet I’d argue that Facebook surveys have a more fundamental role. With more than 600 million people actively using Facebook, these studies in fact provide a deeper understanding of our evolving cultural norms: Our values, our morals, and our changing relationships between one another.
Don’t believe me? Check out my CNN column for these fascinating Facebook facts about our 21st century values.
- 10 Fascinating Facebook Facts – And What They Say About Us (mashable.com)
- 10 fascinating Facebook facts (cnn.com)
- 47% of Facebook Users Have Profanity on Their Walls (blogoholic.in)
- Pete Cashmore Started A Blog Because It Was Something He Could Do From Bed (businessinsider.com)
- Mashable’s Pete Cashmore on persistence (theglobeandmail.com)
Help Us to Grow
Newest 10 Post
- Facebook ‘Girls Must Be Watch Out Of Her mind’ photo-tagging scam – the lessons to learn
- Apple No1 Smart Phone Maker
- Facebook News Feed to get face-lift?
- Wikipedia Says It Is Losing Contributors
- Apple to US government: change mindset of defeat
- Google+ Fastest Growing Social Network Ever – ComScore
- Randi Zuckerberg Leaves Facebook to Start New Social Media Firm (Resignation Letter)
- Internet Explorer users have low IQ? its a Hoax
- Apple’s Tech Support Quality Is Slipping, Says Survey
- Amazon Starts AmazonLocal Online Deals Site
Social Media Blog on Facebook