10 Interesting Facts About Amitabh Bachchan
Amitabh Bachchan himself once said, “Everyone must accept that we will age and age is not always flattering.”
Though he mouthed the words himself, his very success contradicts the very notion. Amitabh Bachchan may be growing old but he has shown no signs of slowing down and has indeed been the perfect example of ‘aging gracefully’. In an era starkly different from his time, the seventies, Bachchan still holds a firm place in the industry and commands a sense of power and respect that is unmatched till date.
- Amitabh Bachchan is ambidextrous hence, can write with both hands equally well.
- His father Harivansh Rai Bachchan wanted to name him Inquilab which means ‘revolution’ but later named him Amitabh which means ‘brilliance unlimited’.
- Amitabh Bachchan wanted to become an engineer and had even contemplated joining the Indian Air Force at one point of his life
- During his struggling days, Amitabh had spent a few nights on a bench at Marine Drive, Mumbai.
- During the shooting of the movie ‘Khuda Gawah’ opposite Sridevi, the, then, President of Afghanistan provided Amitabh with half of his country’s air force for protection. The movie was one of the most watched Indian films in the history of Afghanistan.
- Amitabh Bachchan has a sharp memory. He never forgets the birthdays or special occassions of his close ones and makes it a point to wish them each year.
- For Amitabh Bachchan, the most beautiful actress in the film industry is Waheeda Rahman.
- He was the first Asian actor to have a wax model displayed at Madame Tussaud’s in London.
- Amitabh first met his future wife, Jaya Bhaduri at the FIlm and Television Institute of India, Pune and later on the sets of ‘Guddi’.
- He was voted ‘Star of the Millenium’ by BBC Online above legends like Laurence Olivier, Charlie Chaplin and Marlon Brando.
Source :- http://yahoo.com