Facebook’s incredible worldwide growth has reached another major milestone: the service now has 750 million monthly active users, according to a source close to the company.
Techcrunch reached out to Facebook for confirmation, and a company spokesperson responded that they don’t have anything to announce at this time. That isn’t surprising: the company hasn’t officially released an updated user count since it reached 500 million users nearly a year ago. Facebook has obviously been growing since then — we believe the company may be waiting until it hits the 1 billion mark before officially updating the stat again.
The last semi-official update came from a leaked Goldman Sachs report for potential Facebook investors that pegged the number at 600 million in January.
In the mean time there have been numerous reports from unofficial sources tracking Facebook’s growth. Socialbakers reported in late May that the site was around 700 million users, and Inside Facebook reported that the tally was at 687 million earlier this month. This data can be difficult to interpret because it’s based on third-party companies like Quantcast and/or Facebook’s ad tools, which may not necessarily be completely accurate.
One important thing to note: unlike many online services, Facebook’s user count metric actually means something — it’s defined as a user who has logged in within the last 30 days (plenty of sites only report cumulative users, which doesn’t take into account that many people stop using their services).
Source :- http://techcrunch.com
- Facebook changes privacy settings for millions of users – facial recognition is enabled (blogoholic.in)
- Facebook Now Has 750 Million Users #marketingmanager (peteaspen.wordpress.com)
- 10 Fascinating Facebook Facts (blogoholic.in)
- Facebook is globally closing in to 700 million users! – Socialbakers (huguesrey.wordpress.com)
- Facebook nears 700 million users worldwide (geek.com)
- Small TIP: Facebook Has Close to 700 Million Users (networxbar.com)
Powered by Facebook Comments