In what has to be somewhat embarrassing for Larry Page and Sergey Brin, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg is the most followed user on Google+, according to the Google+ Statistics counter.
The Facebook CEO has 21,213 followers, compared to the Google CEO at 14,798, Google social czar Vic Gundotra at 13,783, Google co-founder Sergey Brin at 11,629, blogger Robert Scoble at 11,389, Google spam avenger Matt Cutts at 9,153, TWIT founder Leo Laporte at 7,566, Google’s Bradley Horowitz at 7,187, TechCrunch’s MG Siegler at 6,579 and blogger Gina Trapani at 5,649.
Google+ Statistics creator Boris Veldhuijzen van Zanten explains the CEO’s unlikely popularity thus, “He has the most friends in the world, they made a movie about him, and he is more handsome than the Larry and Sergey.” I think the answer goes more like this; The more media coverage someone receives related to Google+, the more followers they get, hence MG Siegler at #9.
Source :- http://techcrunch.com
- Mark Zuckerberg Is On Google+ (But He Doesn’t Look Happy About It) (blogs.forbes.com)
- Google+ Mark Zuckerberg account spotted (gustoitalia.wordpress.com)
- Did Mark Zuckerberg Just Join Google+? (techie-buzz.com)
- First thoughts on Google+ (globalneighbourhoods.net)
- Zuckerberg is on Google+. Surprised? (blogherald.com)
- Google+ invaded by multiple Mark Zuckerbergs (news.cnet.com)