Financial services brand Capital One is the latest to land in FarmVille.
Starting Thursday at midnight ET (9 p.m. Pacific), FarmVille players can get coveted “Double Mastery” points on crops and trees harvested within seven days when they place a Capital One Visigoth statue on their farms. This will increase the rate at which players advance to higher levels in the game.
The tie-in also includes access to branded clothing — a FarmVille first — to outfit their male and female in-game avatars with Visigoth costumes. Players can also earn “Fast Cash” by watching a Capital One TV spot featuring the Visigoths, characters the brand introduced in 2000.
The FarmVille foray comes as Capital One, a huge TV advertiser, has been relatively quiet on the social media front. Like many financial services brands, its social media activity is constricted somewhat by regulations. Meanwhile, Capital One is far from the first brand to visit Zynga’s FarmVille. 7-Eleven, DreamWorks and Lady Gaga have all launched FarmVille tie-ins.
Source :- http://mashable.com
- Capital One’s Visigoths Invade FarmVille (mashable.com)
- FarmVille: Capital One in-game promotion offers Visigoth costumes and double mastery (games.com)
- Lady Gaga & Zynga Found GagaVille (pratyushkp.wordpress.com)
- Zynga And DreamWorks Partner For Kung Fu Panda 2 Marketing Deal In CityVille (blogoholic.in)
- The Latest From FarmVille’s Creator: Empire and Allies (bits.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Zynga Announces Empires & Allies (blogoholic.in)
Powered by Facebook Comments