ynga, the creators of FarmVille and CityVille, is about to unleash its newest social game upon the world: Empires & Allies, the company’s first combat strategy game.
The social gaming giant describes Empires & Allies as “CityVille meets Risk.” Unlike FarmVille, where your goal is to build up your property through trade and commerce, Empires & Allies is about building an army and protecting your empire. Users can build army units, form alliances, secure energy and even invade other islands. In some ways, it’s similar to OGame and the other battle-oriented browser games of the early 2000s.
Unlike other Zynga games, Empires & Allies is driven by its story. The game has more than 30 characters that guide players through the storyline. The game isn’t focused on hardcore gamers though, and has many of the casual gaming elements that have made Zynga’s games so successful. “We’re focused on bringing our players a new form of entertainment and a strategy game is definitely a new playground for us,” Empires & Allies executive producer Amer Ajami said.
While this isn’t Zynga’s first combat game (that honor goes to Mafia Wars), it’s a more involved game that requires strategic battle planning and resource management. Zynga’s betting that the combination of in-depth strategy and social gaming will turn Empires & Allies into a lucrative time sink.
The game will become available on Wednesday in 12 languages.
Source :- http://mashable.com
- Zynga’s Newest Game Lets You Fight Your Friends (mashable.com)
- Zynga Expands Empire with “Empires & Allies” (blogs.wsj.com)
- Zynga Channels Settlers Of Catan In New Social Combat Game Empires & Allies; Debuts In 12 Languages (techcrunch.com)
- Zynga unleashes Empire & Allies game ahead of impending IPO (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- Zynga Moves Into Combat Zone With Empires & Allies (gigaom.com)