Facebook users can now let their friends know when they are expecting a child, complete with due date and chosen baby name, the social networking blog Inside Facebook discovered Wednesday.
Users have been able to add family members with Facebook accounts to their profiles since December 2010, when Facebook last gave profile designs a major facelift. In February 2011 Facebook made further changes by inserting an option for a “civil union” and “domestic partnership,” and now they have added an “Expected: child” field as well.
Here is what your new option to announce an expected child on Facebook looks like:
To add this information to your profile, click on your profile, then “Edit Settings,” followed by “Friends and Family.” From the drop-down menu listing different relations, you can choose “Expected: Child” from other options such as “Daughter,” “Father,” or “Cousin: Female.”
Though Inside Facebook reported that Facebook had been allowing them to tag friends as their expected children, that glitch appears to have disappeared. A user can, however, still enter her friend’s names as her “Expected: Child,” though that person’s profile information will not be synced.
- Profile Stalkers on Facebook? Check out the viral scam that’s spreading (blogoholic.in)
- Top 5 Facebook for BlackBerry v2.0 App Features, Including BBM Integration (VIDEO) (blogs.blackberry.com)
- Google+ Profile Hacks: My Profile Was Featured On Mashable! (paulspoerry.com)
- Facebook hits back at Google+ with ‘Facebook for Business’ (digitaltrends.com)
- Move to Google+ in 3 Easy Steps and Simplify Your Social Network (gradbaruchian.com)
- Facebook video calling powered by Skype (blogs.skype.com)
Well in that case ..we should also have relevent options like ..
Aborted … Miscarried … oops, that was just a missed date ..etc etc ,,, Du’h … !! …
Hey Facebook.. really want us to do a favour … bring in a ‘DISLIKE’ button ..high time!