FindTheBest, a comparison and decision engine, has completed a $6 million round of financing courtesy of the Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers’ sFund.
The newly secured funds will be used to launch a network of vertical comparison sites and help the budding startup expand internationally.
Founded by DoubleClick creator Kevin O’Connor, FindTheBest launched in August 2010 to help consumers make faster and more informed decisions by objectively comparing information on products and services.
The FindTheBest name is meant to suggest that users can turn to the site to find the best [insert anything here].
One year since launch, the startup claims to attract 2 million unique users per month. It has also expanded its product and feature set to become both a comprehensive machine- and human-powered curation service.
sFund is the $250 million social innovation fund put together by Kleiner Perkins Caulfield & Byers and partners such as Facebook and Zynga. Friend management startup Katango, née CafeBots, was the first startup to receive funding from sFund; it just launched its iPhone app for group and private messaging.
FindTheBest’s $6 million Series A was raised in two parts with the startup first securing $2 million in early December of last year.
Source :- http://mashable.com
- DoubleClick Founder’s New Startup Raises $6 Million (mashable.com)
- Kleiner Perkins Doubles Down On FindTheBest (techcrunch.com)
- Former DoubleClick Team Picks Up $6M for Comparison-Shopping Engine (nytimes.com)
- Former DoubleClick team picks up $6M for comparison-shopping engine (venturebeat.com)
- Comparison Engine FindTheBest Nabs Former Google Exec Rabin Yaghoubi As President (techcrunch.com)
- For Consumers, a Different Approach to Search (bits.blogs.nytimes.com)