Google has unveiled g.co, a new URL shortener that will link only to Google products and websites.
The search giant already owns goo.gl, a URL shortener it launched in 2009. Unlike g.co, the goo.gl URL shortener can be used for any link on the web via the Google Toolbar.
“We’ll only use g.co to send you to webpages that are owned by Google, and only we can create g.co shortcuts,” Google VP of Consumer Marketing Gary Briggs stated on the company’s blog. “That means you can visit a g.co shortcut confident you will always end up at a page for a Google product or service.”
The tech titan, which has been using the goo.gl URL shortener for its products until now, clearly wants to limit the confusion about where its goo.gl links lead to. Separating Google products from goo.gl should go a long way to solving that problem.
Google isn’t the only company to use .co as its official URL shortener. Twitter obtained t.co last year to improve how links are shared and secured on its platform.
Source :- http://mashable.com
- G.Co: Google Has a New URL Shortener (mashable.com)
- Google Launches G.Co, Url Shortener For Internal Pages (ghacks.net)
- Google Introduces an Official URL Shortener for Google Pages Only [In Brief] (lifehacker.com)
- Google acquires G.co for URL shortening its own services (geek.com)
- g.co, the official URL shortcut for Google websites (googleblog.blogspot.com)
- Google’s New Official Google Only Short URL: g.co (searchengineland.com)
Powered by Facebook Comments
Good news for Google developer,G.Co is only used for Google Co-operation environment ,it really help apps developer to optimize space of url while developing any mobile related apps
Now a days, Google is more brilliant and technical.. I think this apps is more useful one. I appreciate for sharing ti with us.