Professional social network Linkedin surpassed Myspace in terms of traffic to become the No. 2 most visited social networking site in the U.S. in June. LinkedIn, which has seen a resurgence of traffic after its IPO in May, reached an all-time high of 33.9 million unique visitors in June compared to Myspace, which saw 33.5 million unique visitors (that’s down from 34.9 million in May). Hopefully Myspace’s new owners can recharge the troubled social network.
Twitter posted record U.S. traffic, with June as the first month the site saw over 30 million unique visitors. Twitter.com had 30.6 million unique visitors in June, compared to 27 million unique vistors in May. The increase in traffic is actually a big win for Twitter, which splits traffic between its own mobile clients and the many third-party clients that are used to access the network.
Facebook also reached an all-time high in terms of U.S. traffic in June, according to newly released comScore data. In June, Facebook saw 160.8 million unique vistors in the U.S., which is up from 157.2 million uniques in May. The company also announced that it crossed the 750 million active users mark worldwide in June as well.
Tumblr saw 11.8 million unique visitors in June, up from 10.7 million unique visitors in May. In June, we reported that Tumblr was seeing around 400 million pageviews per day, thanks in part to international growth and faster response times.
Source :- http://techcrunch.com
- LinkedIn Surpasses Myspace For U.S. Visitors To Become No. 2 Social Network; Twitter Not Far Behind (techcrunch.com)
- Now You Can Use LinkedIn To Stay Up To Date On Who’s Getting Hired (And Fired) (techcrunch.com)
- LinkedIn Passes Myspace to Become No. 2 U.S. Social Network (businessweek.com)
- Social networking sites receiving more hits (cash-bandit.com)
- Social Networking Accounts for 1 of Every 6 Minutes Spent Online [STATS] (huguesrey.wordpress.com)
- Social Networking Accounts for 1 of Every 6 Minutes Spent Online [STATS] (mashable.com)