Are you an Outlook user? Have you received a message telling you that your account needs to be reconfigured, and requesting that you enter your username and password?
Here’s an email message that we have seen sent out to internet users:
Subject: Notification from Microsoft Outlook - please read
Dear Microsoft Outlook username,
Please download and open attachment to reconfigure your Microsoft Outlook information again.
If you do make the mistake of opening the attached file, you will be presented with a form which asks you for all the information a remote hacker would need to access your email account.
Don’t make it easy for the phishers, the spammers, the identity thieves and hackers to break into your online accounts. Messages like this should always be treated as highly suspicious.
Source :- http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com
- Look out! Outlook phishing form spammed out (nakedsecurity.sophos.com)
- Fix Microsoft Outlook Can’t Create File Errors (ghacks.net)
- Outlook vs. Gmail? (e1evation.com)
- Phishers exploit Google Docs with Gmail de-activation alert (blogoholic.in)
- How to resolve error messages that you receive when sending & receiving e-mail in Outlook & Outlook Express (obieosobalu.wordpress.com)
- Receive your calender appointments by SMS every morning (mediaburst.co.uk)