Twitter just sent out a Tweet notifying users that starting today, the startup is “rolling out an email notification that lets you know if someone you follow retweets or favorites one of your Tweets.”
Users currently receive email notifications when they receive a new followers and when they are sent direct messages. Emails notifying you of retweets and favorites, while convenient, seems like it could cause an email overload for some power users.
Of course, it is an interesting feature considering that Twitter is looking to make its platform more powerful for users, as it faces competition from other clients. What do you think—will retweet notifications be useful or will you find it to be spammy?
Source :- http://techcrunch.com/
- Twitter Will Now Send You An Email If A Follower Retweets Or Favorites Your Tweets (techcrunch.com)
- Twitter Now Sending Emails for Retweets and Favorites (thenextweb.com)
- Twitter now sending email notification for Retweets and Favourites (theinformativereport.com)
- Twitter Adds A New Feature, Another Blindside for Third Party Developers? (readwriteweb.com)
- New Twitter features steal more thunder from developers (venturebeat.com)
- 17 Twitter Tips from Mashable Connect Attendees (pratyushkp.wordpress.com)
- Ashton Kutcher launches his own Twitter client (!?!) With Ubermedia (Ah…) (thenextweb.com)
- On the Utility of Twitter (rogueclassicism.com)
- Saving my favourite tweets (omzwerven.wordpress.com)
- How to Get Twitter Followers (searchenginejournal.com)