Two-year old online game Moshi Monsters has just reached a sizable milestone: 50 million registered users.
Moshi Monsters is a social online game/community that allows kids 6 to 12 to adopt virtual pets, tool around a virtual land called Monstro City, play games to earn virtual currency and communicate with other kids in a moderated, safe environment. The franchise also includes toys (coming soon), books, video games, trading cards and a Moshi magazine. Moshi will also soon begin its foray into music, live tours, a TV platform and film.
Moshi, founded by London-based startup Mind Candy, also reports that it has more than 15 million registered users (out of the total 50 million) in North America. Apparently, the game gets one signup per second.
Fifty million is a pretty hefty community, but it makes sense considering the rise of the digital native we have been privy to lately. In October, a study conducted by Internet security firm AVG found that 92% of children in the U.S. have an online presence by the time they are two, compared to 73% in western Europe.
Source :- http://mashable.com
- Kids’ Online Game Moshi Monsters Hits 50 Million Registered Users (mashable.com)
- Fight My Monster Wants To Be ‘Moshi Monsters For Boys’, Dylan Collins Joins As Angel (techcrunch.com)
- Fight My Monster wants to be a Moshi Monsters for boys, Dylan Collins joins as Angel (eu.techcrunch.com)
- Does Justin Bieber have a Moshi Monster (wiki.answers.com)
- ‘Facebook for kids’ Moshi Monsters brings in Seventy Seven for UK PR drive (prweek.com)
- Moshi Monsters Cheats Coming Soon (coolj735cpcheats.wordpress.com)
- Does anyone have a moshi monsters account that you can have (wiki.answers.com)
This is certainly a wonderful post. Thank you so much for taking a few minutes to describe all of this out for folks. It truly is a great help!
50million members since 2008 – that is HUGE! And growing at the rate of
1 signup per SECOND. Incredible! One out of every two children aged
between 5 and 12 in the UK has a Moshi Monster account. Amazing!