THQ has found a way to glom on to Zynga’s popular “-Ville” franchises without impinging on any copyrights with a new social game, Margaritaville Online.
The game, “inspired by the lifestyle of author and singer-songwriter Jimmy Buffett,” according to a THQ release, and based on the 1977 hit song, will hit Facebook and iOS devices this fall. The release describes the game as “an immersive 3D paradise, filled with frozen concoctions, music and adventure.”
The game’s introduction comes after Zynga has had a slew of successes with FarmVille, CityVille, FrontierVille and, most recently, RewardVille. Though Homefront, a controversial Xbox 360 shooting game that takes place in a dystopian U.S. after a nuclear attack from North Korea, has done well for THQ, sales for THQ’s fourth quarter fell 37%. Meanwhile, Margaritaville Online will be THQ’s second social game, after UFC Undisputed Fight Nation.
- Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Hitting Facebook This Fall (mashable.com)
- FarmVille by Zynga (myitouchapps.wordpress.com)
- Zynga And DreamWorks Partner For Kung Fu Panda 2 Marketing Deal In CityVille (blogoholic.in)
- Lady Gaga Donates $750K To Zynga’s Japan Earthquake Relief Campaign (pratyushkp.wordpress.com)
- Cash Crop: ‘FarmVille’ Maker Zynga Preparing for IPO? (techland.time.com)
- “Margaritaville” going 3D as Buffett launches Facebook game (reuters.com)
- Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville To Become Social Game This Fall (blogherald.com)
Powered by Facebook Comments