Zynga, the force behind wildly popular social games like Farmville, Mafia Wars, and FrontierVille, is preparing to file its initial public offering, writes All Things D‘s Kara Swisher, citing unnamed sources “close to the situation.”
According to All Things D, Zynga may file with the Securities Exchange Commission “as early as this week, or next week at the latest.”
The IPO follows hot on the heels of LinkedIn, which was predicted to touch off a slew of IPOs by Internet companies such as Groupon and Facebook.
The Wall Street Journal reported earlier this year that Zynga’s revenues in 2010–the company’s third year in business–reached $850 million, triple what it brought in in 2009. In May 2011, following a fresh round of funding just south of $500 million, the company was estimated to be worth around $10 billion. It’s likely that its valuation could rise significantly, especially given investors’ red-hot demand for social networking sites and Internet firms, which has sparked talk of a second tech bubble.
By comparison, LinkedIn brought in $243 million in revenue in 2010 and was valued at around $8.45 billion, post-IPO.
The New York Times wrote in January of this year that an IPO by Zynga was “said to be unlikely in 2011.” The Times reported, Zynga “is in no hurry for an initial public offering and unlikely to seek one this year, according to people with knowledge of the company’s plans.”
Read more at All Things D.
Source :- http://www.huffingtonpost.com
- Zynga Prepping To File IPO: Report (huffingtonpost.com)
- Social Gaming Company ‘Zynga’ Preparing To File IPO (inquisitr.com)
- Zynga To File For IPO By End Of June (allfacebook.com)
- Exclusive: Zynga About to File for IPO (allthingsd.com)
- Zynga About to File for IPO (allthingsd.com)
- Zynga about to file for IPO (news.cnet.com)
- Zynga Preparing to File for IPO [REPORT] (mashable.com)
- Report: Zynga Ready For IPO As Social Gaming Cashes In (paidcontent.org)
- Report: Zynga Filing for IPO This Week or Next Week (insidesocialgames.com)
- Zynga Close To IPO Filing, Says Report (businessinsider.com)
Powered by Facebook Comments
[...] the original: Zynga Preparing To File IPO: Report Tags: afia wars, citing-unnamed, farmville, initial-public, mafia-wars, popular-social, public, [...]
Hey, that post leaves me feielng foolish. Kudos to you!
Super job on the write-up. Countless thanks for sharing it with us, you must have gone through many work to complete it so well.
That fantabulous post this has been. Within no way seen this kind associated with useful post. I’m grateful to you and anticipate much more associated with posts such as. Thank you very much.