As we wrote a few weeks ago, Zynga launched a campaign with Save The Children to raise money via in-game donations in Zynga games like FrontierVille, FarmVille and CityVille for the relief efforts in Japan following the massive earthquake and tsunami a few weeks ago. Today, the social gaming giant is announcing that Lady Gaga has donated $750,000, through the sales of her Japan Prayer Bracelets, to Zynga’s fundraising initiative. She is also donating another $750,000 to the American Red Cross to support relief efforts in Japan.
And in the past two weeks, Zynga players alone have raised more than $2.5 million for Save the Children’s Japan Earthquake Tsunami Children in Emergency Fund and other causes. In a release issued by the pop singer and Zynga, Gaga said “I’m inspired that my little monsters banded together to help those affected by the terrible tragedy…What Zynga’s players have done for the cause is equally inspiring, and I’m thrilled to partner with them to raise money that will go to Save the Children and the American Red Cross.”
Through Zynga games including Café World, CityVille, FrontierVille, FarmVille, Words With Friends, Vampire Wars, YoVille and Zynga Poker, more than 250 million players had the opportunity to donate 100 percent of the purchase price of newly created virtual items to the fundraising efforts. Via Credits, Facebook donated money generated through the purchases to support the initiative.
The Japan fundraising initiative isn’t the first charitable campaign for Zynga. Since October 2009, hundreds of thousands of players have raised more than $10 million dollars for international nonprofits through Zynga.org. And Zynga was able to raise millions for the relief efforts in Haiti last year.
Lady Gaga recently sat down with Google’s Marissa Mayer for a candid talk about tech, music and YouTube.
Source -: Lady Gaga Donates $750K To Zynga’s Japan Earthquake Relief Campaign (techcrunch.com)
- Zynga Becomes More Addictive With “RewardVille”. (blogs.vinuthomas.com)
- Lady Gaga Donates $750K To Zynga’s Japan Earthquake Relief Campaign (techcrunch.com)
- Lady Gaga Donates $1.5 Million to Zynga’s Fundraising Campaign For Japan (mashable.com)
- Lady Gaga Partners with Zynga to Save The Children in Japan (connectwithyourteens.net)
- You: Online social game star Zynga adds new lure (france24.com)
- Zynga, Ngmoco donating to Japan through iOS games (tuaw.com)
- Zynga Enables Donations To Tsunami Relief Through In-Game Purchases (via TechCrunch) (preternaturalpost.wordpress.com)
- Official CityVille Game Bar launches, promises energy bonus every 8 hours (games.com)
- Lady Gaga donates $1.5 million to Zynga’s Japan disaster relief fundraiser (sfgate.com)
- FarmVille Crops for a Cause (blogs.wsj.com)
Write much more, thats all I’ve to say. Literally, it seems as although you relied on the video to create your point. You clearly know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to your blog whenever you might be giving us something enlightening to read?