Tomorrow, Facebook’s new Deals featurewill be launching in five cities around the U.S.; here’s a first glimpse of how those offers will look and function.
First, users who opt into Deals will get to see opportunities specific to their locations. Those offers will arrive via email or, in some cases, will appear in the user’s news feed on Facebook.
To be clear, these aren’t like the checkin-based deals for mobile users that Facebook launched for its nascent Places platform; while the initial mobile Deals product competed with Foursquare, the new product competes more with Groupon.
Each deal will have its own Facebook landing page, as shown below. Users can “Like” a deal, share it via several channels on the site, or opt to buy it right away. When purchasing the deal, users can pay with credit card or Facebook Credits.
It’s unknown whether Facebook will make more money from Credits purchases than from traditional ones. A rep said via email, “We’re not disclosing details about revenue splits, but paying with Credits will work the same way as paying with a credit card. It’s simply another way for people to pay for Deals. We think this just makes things easier for people using Facebook.”
Check out the gallery below for a walkthrough of signing up for, finding, buying and sharing the new Facebook Deals.
Source -: Mashable Blog
- A First Look at Facebook’s New Deals (fakeiitian.com)
- A First Look at Facebook’s New Deals (mashable.com)
- Facebook’s New Deals Product Coming to Five Cities Tomorrow (mashable.com)
- Facebook Deals is launching tonight in five cities (thenextweb.com)
- WCN Transmedia Group News: Facebook & Google Enter the Competition with Groupon (wcntransmedia.wordpress.com)
- Looks Like Facebook Deals Is Being Unveiled Tonight With Credits And Partners In Tow (techcrunch.com)
- Facebook Deals Launching Tonight In United States (blogherald.com)
- Facebook Deals Begins Testing Tomorrow, to Include Credits, Syndication Partners (insidefacebook.com)
- Facebook Tries Deals With A Social Twist (blogs.wsj.com)
- No Teeth Whitening: Facebook Launches Group Deals To Bring Social Experiences Offline (searchengineland.com)