Ever had the urgent need to tag the Coke can you’re holding in that beach picnic picture on Facebook? Well, now you can, as the social network has added the ability to tag Pages in Facebook photos.
Starting Wednesday (although the feature does not appear to be live yet), users will be able to tag Pages for Brands & Products as well as People (more options coming soon) in their Facebook photos.
Tagged photos will appear in the Photos tab of a Page, rather than on that Page’s Wall, and anyone can tag a Page — even if a user hasn’t “Liked” it. Page admins can also nix photos from the tab by going into Edit Page > Posting Options > and unchecking “Users can add photos.”
For those who concerned about their privacy, Facebook assures us that privacy settings will still apply; if your photos are visible to everyone, everyone will be able to see the tagged snap, and if your photos are set to “only friends,” only friends will be able to check out that pic of you standing in front of the local Rite Aid.
This move could definitely be beneficial to certain brands. Imagine if people started tagging themselves wearing, say, Levi’s jeans. All of those snaps would then go to the Levi’s Facebook Page and result in free advertising.
Source :- http://mashable.com
- You Can Now Tag Pages in Facebook Photos (mashable.com)
- You Can Now Tag Pages in Facebook Photos (jessidavis.com)
- Tag Pages in Facebook photos (cnn.com)
- Now You Can Tag Celebrities In Your Facebook Photos, Too (lockergnome.com)
- New Facebook Feature: Tag Your Business in Photos (keepthepeakunique.com)
- Can I make them stop tagging my photos? (debsanswers.wordpress.com)
- Facebook Launches Photo Tagging for Pages (strategistalks.com)
- You Can Now Whore Yourself Out by Tagging Products and Corporate Pages on Facebook [Facebook] (gizmodo.com)
- Facebook Rolls Out Page Tagging in Photos (webpronews.com)
- Facebook Now Features Photo Tagging for Pages (marketingpilgrim.com)