It is just like Facebook Like , but can do more
After unveiling the +1 button in March, Google has started rolling out the button for third party websites. Google previewed this button, which works like the Facebook Like button, at the Google I/O conference and confirmed that this button will be launched within this week.
The +1 buttons will be in different sizes – Small, Medium, Standard and Tall, with and without the +1 counter, and websites can tie the buttons into their own site logon systems to know which pages are accessed more by users, to keep a record of this. After sufficient number of people have the +1 page on their website, users can view different data such as age and sex of people who recommend those particular pages. This can be done using Google s Analytics system.
Is Google stepping up its social networking strategy? Yes, it is doing it steadily and surely. They tried it with Buzz, not long ago, and it didn t quite succeed. Now they are trying other ways to step up to Facebook in Facebook s backyard. Will they succeed? Only time will tell.
Source :- http://www.techtree.com
- Google’s +1 = a new social media giant? (jenifferthompson.com)
- Google +1 for Websites Nears Launch (mashable.com)
- Social Search: Deeper Facebook Integration Pushes Microsoft Past Google (newsgrange.com)
- The Week We Searched For- May 13, 2011 (thesearchagents.com)
- Google’s +1 Button Expanding Around the Web Soon (slashgear.com)
- How and why Google is taking on Facebook (thenextweb.com)
- Here Comes The Google Version Of Facebook “Likes” (GOOG) (businessinsider.com)
- Just Weeks Away, A Preview Of The Google +1 Button For Websites (searchengineland.com)
- Bing Search Results Showing Facebook Like Out of Context (lockergnome.com)