Another day, another Facebook profile scam.
This latest con, promising a peek at who has viewed your profile, is spreading via an event invite titled “WOW Now you can see anyone who looks at your profile!”
Clicking the event’s “I’m Attending” button–don’t!–will likely push the scam to your friends’ news feeds.
In addition, an equally unsafe how-to video on getting free Facebook credits is embedded at the bottom of the phony page.
These kinds of Facebook scams surface frequently, sometimes as fake apps, other times as spammy Wall posts or instant messages. As usual, you should be wary of any Facebook event, app or message that promises to reveal who is looking at your profile.
If you’ve accidentally clicked on this invite, we recommend you remove all traces of the event from your news feed and wall, and double check your Facebook app settings.
Source : http://www.huffingtonpost.com
- See Who Has Viewed Your Profile Event Spam Spreading on Facebook (techie-buzz.com)
- How the Class of 2015 is getting scammed on Facebook (midd-blog.com)
- Facebook scam with a difference – Social Tagging Worldwide avoids rogue apps (nakedsecurity.sophos.com)
- Facebook Spam Now Spreading Through Facebook Events (techie-buzz.com)
- Spammers Using Facebook Events to Trick Users (nytimes.com)
- FarmVille Scam Alert: Helping Blu reward is another fake (games.com)
- Bad News For AdSense Users Scam Spreading on Facebook (techie-buzz.com)
- Anger after scam-exposing community shut down by Facebook (nakedsecurity.sophos.com)
- Over 10 Million Scammed On Facebook (pratyushkp.wordpress.com)
- Spammers Now Using Facebook Events to Trick Users (readwriteweb.com)