Google StreetView Starts Mapping The Amazon
Armchair travelers rejoice! Google StreetView has set its sights on the Amazon.
The tech giant has partnered with the Sustainable Amazon Foundation (FAS) to get footage of the rain forest and is even employing locals as tour guides–locals will pedal tricycles armed with cameras to show indigenous cultures.
“Once all the images are uploaded to the internet, we can share the local culture and beauty of the Amazon with anyone, anywhere in the world. Without the vision, creativity and dedication of our partners, this endeavor would not be possible,” Karin Tuxen-Bettman, the head of the Street View team in the Amazon, told the Telegraph.
Source :- http://www.huffingtonpost.com
- Google’s Street View Project Goes Off-Road to Document Remote Villages of the Amazon River Basin By Rebecca Boyle (imullins89.wordpress.com)
- Google Taking Street View To The Depths Of The Amazon (techcrunch.com)
- Google Earth Street View to feature Amazon River (9to5google.com)
- Street View goes to the Amazon (googleblog.blogspot.com)
- Google Street View is using canoes and tricycles to map the Amazon (geek.com)
- Google Street View heads to the Amazon, enables virtual river excursions (engadget.com)