Google+ Traffic Falls As Users Spend Less Time on Site
Total visits to Google+ declined about 3% to 1.79 million in the U.S. for the week ending July 23 compared to the previous seven days, according to the research company. The site received 1.86 million visits the prior week. Average time on the site was down 10%, from 5 minutes, 50 seconds to 5 minutes, 15 seconds.
Matt Tatham, a rep for Experian Hitwise, was careful not to overplay the findings. “This is not a huge drop,” he says. The company extrapolates its figures from data from ISPs and from an opt-in panel of about 2.5 million users.
The report comes after Google+’s traffic enjoyed a steady climb since its June 28 debut. Last week, comScore reported that the network hit 20 million unique visitors. Some were so enamored with Google+ that they closed out their Facebook accounts and moved all their activity to the new network.
Source :- http://mashable.com
- Interest in Google+ falling among users (digitaltrends.com)
- Google+ Traffic Down Last Week (blogworld.com)
- Google+ Traffic Is Multiplying Fast Says Experian Hitwise (fastcompany.com)
- Who is Using Google+ and How Often [Stats] (searchenginewatch.com)
- Google+ Growth: Time Spent Spikes, Young Demos Dominate (clickz.com)
- Google+: The Numbers Driving Its Growth [STATS] (mashable.com)