Gmail Has a New Look, Too
Hidden in the Themes section of the interface and named “Preview” and “Preview (dense),” the clean look is more spread out than the classic Gmail interface, basking in white space that makes it easier to read.
According to Google’s official Gmail Blog, the idea was to “strip out unnecessary clutter and make Gmail as beautiful as it is powerful.” It’s all part of Google’s drive for a better experience that it calls “more focused, elastic and effortless” across each of its products.
The company says it will be gradually working on these new designs over the next few months. For now, you can get a sneak peak of the design you see here by going to the Themes tab in Gmail settings, and you’ll see the two new choices listed. The one at the top of this page is the “dense” version, and the other one is slightly more spread out.
Google’s calling these two preview themes “a sort of sneak peek” because it plans to make this design a permanent part of Gmail’s new interface, which “will eventually expand dynamically to accommodate different screen sizes and user preferences, but until then you can pick the information density that you prefer.”
Source :- http://mashable.com
- GMail Got A New Interface And You Can Try It Now ! (netwidz.com)
- After Google Search, Gmail Joins The Redesign Club (techie-buzz.com)
- A preview of Gmail’s new look (gmailblog.blogspot.com)
- How to get the new Gmail right now (howto.cnet.com)
- New Gmail on the way, sneak peak now available (digitaltrends.com)
- Gmail gets Background Customization Feature (pratyushkp.wordpress.com)
- How to stop your Gmail account being hacked (blogoholic.in)