EA will launch “The Sims Social” for Facebook as an extension of the popular Sims franchise. According to Mashable, a Facebook page for the game is already up, though no information has yet been released about when we can expect the game to go live.
“The Sims Social” will let users create avatars to interact with other Facebook users. There will also be a mobile app to accompany the game.
The Sims first launched back in 2000 and has since sold over 140 million units worldwide. In the game, users can play the part of virtual characters who interact with each other, get jobs, have babies and die.
Over 800 people have already reviewed the app on Facebook, despite the fact that it is not yet active. 900 users have also Like the games page on Facebook.
Source :- http://www.huffingtonpost.com
- The Sims Are Coming to Facebook (mashable.com)
- The Sims Social: Yup, The Sims is finally coming to Facebook (games.com)
- EA debuts a Sims social game (venturebeat.com)
- EA’s Sims Studio & Playfish Bring The Sims to Facebook in The Sims Social (insidesocialgames.com)
- The Sims creator Will Wright is making a Facebook game, and it’s not SimCity (games.com)
- E3 2011: EA unveils strong games roster (guardian.co.uk)