Yahoo India to Launch Search Direct within 2011
Will give predictive search results as you type keywords in the search bar
Like they say, better late than never.
A good half a year after Google launched interactive prediction based search feedback service Instant, Yahoo India just announced that it will launch its own version of Instant dubbed Search Direct. Don’t hold your breath yet, because the service will not be available till the second half of 2011. Just like Google’s Instant, Yahoo’s Search Direct predicts search results as you type in the keywords into the search bar. The announcement comes a week after Yahoo launched Search Direct in U.S. in the beta stage.
“The new search engine predicts search results as fast as a person types – character by character, and presents those results dynamically, generating a fast, simple search experience that goes beyond mere blue links,” said Prabhakar Raghavan, chief scientist, senior vice-president and head of Yahoo Labs. Despite competition from Google, Yahoo reaches out to 30 million unique users per month in India, which is about 74 percent of the Indian Internet audience. Loyal Yahoo users therefore finally get one of Google’s most innovative features on the search engine of their choice.
- Yahoo! India to roll out Search Direct within the year (thenextweb.com)
- Yahoo ‘Re-imagines’ Search (actionableinsights.covario.com)
- Yahoo! Takes on Google and Social Networking Sites to woo Indian Users (globalthoughtz.com)
- Yahoo’s Answer to Google Instant: Search Direct (epiphanysolutions.co.uk)
- Yahoo Search Direct Launches (seroundtable.com)
- Yahoo! Search Direct Takes On Google Instant (unionstreetmedia.com)
- How Google’s +1 button is going to help bloggers. (blogavenues.blogspot.com)
- Yahoo Challenges Google Instant With Instant Answers [News] (makeuseof.com)
- Yahoo Search Direct Takes On Google Instant (girlinthearchive.wordpress.com)
- Oneupweb : Yahoo Launches Search Direct (straightupsearch.com)